The women's consumer health information websites of Sunnybrook and Women's College Health Sciences Centre - www.womenshealthmatters.ca and www.femmesensante.ca - are expanding. We have been selected to be the Women Affiliate for the Canadian Health Network (an initiative of Health Canada). We are currently seeking a Project Coordinator to work with a dedicated team of women's health experts to increase access to reliable women's health information.
Exciting Position in Women's Health Information!
30 hours per week @ $29.00 per hour plus benefits
Contract position: now to March 31, 2005.
Possibility of renewal for two years until March 31, 2007.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for the overall coordination of the Women Affiliate project of the Canadian Health Network and plays a lead role in building the Women Affiliate network.
The Project Coordinator
* Leads the implementation and development of the annual workplan and
the evaluation of all elements of the CHN project ensuring that the CHN
goals are met
* Identifies priority operational issues related to the smooth
operation of the CHN project
* Identifies and implements joint Network/Affiliate activities
* Coordinates and holds Affiliate and Network meetings
* Establishes and maintains relationships with diverse women's health
* Develops and manages relationships with the Women Affiliate Project
Advisory Group, the CHN Affiliates, Network contributors, Working Groups and Regional Operating Centres; and with women's health organizations
* Meets reporting requirements according to established guidelines
Knowledge and Experience Required
* Excellent networking skills and demonstrated ability to develop
collaborative relationships with different organizations and levels of
* Demonstrated project coordination experience
* Success in building relationships with diverse women's health
* Excellent communication and creative problem-solving skills and the
ability to work both independently and as an integral member of a team
* Thorough understanding of health promotion and community development
* Good working knowledge of database and Internet technology
* Self-starter; tact, diplomacy and maturity essential; excellent
* Knowledge, understanding and experience working with women's health
Master's level degree in health or social research or related field (health promotion, health education, adult education) or equivalent combination of education and experience. A minimum of three years experience in project coordination.
Please submit resumes to
Women's Health Matters project positions
Sunnybrook and Women's College Health Sciences Centre
#908-790 Bay Street
Toronto, Ontario M5G 1N8
Deadline for submissions: Immediate