The Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO) launched the Nursing Best Practice Guidelines Program in November 1999 with multi-year funding from the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. The purpose of this program is to support Ontario nurses by providing them with Best Practice Guidelines for client care. Currently, the RNAO is in the planning phase for several best practice guidelines: Postpartum Depression, Infusion Therapy Management and Reduction of Hypertension. We require two individuals to assist in the review of literature and developing evidence summaries for the BPG development panels. The individuals will work under the supervision of project staff but will need to be self-directed and be able to work independently.
* Master's student (preferably in nursing), Doctoral student preferred
* Strong knowledge of research methodology
* Experience in critiquing research literature, and knowledge of systematic review process
* Interest in the topic area is valuable, but not a requirement
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Start date: Week of July 19, 2004
End date: Week of August 16, 2004
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week
Location of work: The Best Practice Guidelines project office is located in Toronto. The successful candidate will be required to meet with project staff in Toronto, however much of the work can be conducted off site.
Deadline: May 25, 2004
Contact Heather McConnell, Project Manager, at 416-907-7958 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org