The Ontario Health Promotion Resource System (OHPRS) supports the development of health promotion capacity in Ontario. Funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, the member organizations of OHPRS provide services and supports to people and organizations promoting health in Ontario communities. Services provided by OHPRS members include training, consultation, print and electronic resource development, network building and referrals.
As part of its mission to support health promoters in Ontario, the OHPRS has developed a "Health Promotion 101" course as a collaborative effort between our 22 member organizations. Content development and a pilot of the English version are now complete. We are inviting proposals to design templates and graphics for the final online version of the course.
This course offers training and capacity building in health promotion using a distributed learning self-study approach. While the course modules follow a linear progression, they are designed so that each module can be worked through independently of the other modules.
Our instructional designers have provided us with suggested content breakdowns and navigation tools. We are seeking a clean, visually pleasing "look and feel" for the course that will incorporate their suggestions as well as standard usability and accessibility considerations.
A French-language adaptation is being developed and it will also use these templates.
There is no particular need for visual consistency with the existing website, but we do wish to include the OHPRS logo.
* A number of editable HTML templates for use with Dreamweaver 4 (.dwt format)--We anticipate a need for a main course entry page template, a module table-of-contents page template, a standard content page template, a resource "toolkit" template, and a glossary page template. Final numbers and intended content of templates will be negotiated with the designer.
* All graphic files are to be provided in a format suitable for web use (jpg/gif); also vector/scalable versions if created in vector graphics program as well
The work will be completed within six weeks of the date of the contract.
* must work from own location using own equipment and software
* knowledge/understanding of health promotion and/or the non-profit sector in Ontario
* understanding of the principles of adult education
* experience developing websites for online education
* understanding of the principles of website accessibility and usability
* understanding of design considerations for multi-language sites
* experience creating HTML templates for use by others
* graphic design experience
All proposals should be inclusive of all costs related to this project, including GST where applicable. We anticipate proposals in the range of $1,000 to $2,000 for this work.
Payment will be contingent on approval of deliverables. The consultant will be paid on a scheduled invoice basis by the Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse (OPC) on behalf of the OHPRS.
Proposals should include a brief workplan for achieving intended deliverables, an estimate of costs, a resume or curriculum vitae, references and two or three URLs of previous work that demonstrate your abilities in our areas of interest. For each URL please add a brief note explaining your level of involvement and why you chose that site as an exemplar for your work.
Proposals should be submitted by e-mail to (Word, WordPerfect, RTF, or PDF formats only please) OHPRS at firstname.lastname@example.org. All proposals must be submitted on or before July 20 at 6:00 p.m. We will acknowledge receipt of all submissions.
For more information about this project contact
OHPRS Intranet Facilitator
180 Dundas Street West, Suite 1900
Toronto, Ontario M5G 1Z8
(416) 408-2249 x242