The Ontario Cervical Screening Program seeks a full-time Health Promotion Specialist for our Provincial office located in Toronto, Ontario.
We require an experienced health promotion specialist to develop, implement and evaluate health promotion activities for the Ontario Cervical Screening Program and, potentially for other Division priorities. The successful candidate will develop best practice approaches for recruitment of women in the province and develop province-wide social marketing campaigns to recruit under-screened women. Collaboration and liaison are vital, for effective communications with Cancer Care Ontario staff, as well as stakeholders across the province, including public health, family physicians, the general public, nurse practitioners and community health centers.
Cancer Care Ontario is Ontario's authority on cancer information and care practices, and is responsible for monitoring and ensuring the quality of cancer care in the province. Cancer Care Ontario is the government's principal adviser on cancer issues. In addition to working in partnership with hospitals providing cancer care across the province, Cancer Care Ontario directly manages the Ontario Breast Screening Program, the Ontario Cervical Screening Program, the Ontario Cancer Registry and the New Drug Funding Program, and runs a multifaceted program in cancer research.
* Master's degree in health promotion, public health education, or related discipline is required, coupled with a minimum of 5 years related experience
* Proven experience in social marketing, media, public relations and health education
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential, as well as creativity, expertise in writing and developing materials for both professional and lay audiences
* Superb collaborative, interpersonal and communication skills coupled with the ability to work effectively with Program and Division staff, as well as with a variety of stakeholders to achieve objectives and manage issues
* Excellent organizational abilities, an understanding of research methodology and skills in proposal development round out your qualifications
Interested applicants should send their resume by September 10, 2004, at 4:00 p.m., to the attention of
(Mr.) Yo'av Kaplun
Staffing Specialist (and reference OCSP Health Promotion posting)
We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Please Note: This is a Cancer Care Ontario(CCO) vacancy.