As part of its mission to support health promoters in Ontario, the OHPRS has developed a Health Promotion 101 course as a collaborative effort between our 22 member organizations. Content development and a pilot of the English version are now complete, and design of its online "look and feel" is in progress. We are seeking a Francophone health promoter (an individual or a group) to produce a French-language adaptation (including, where appropriate, translation) of the course content. The contractor will work with and be supported by the OHPRS French Language Services Committee.
The Ontario Health Promotion Resource System (OHPRS) supports the development of health promotion capacity in Ontario. Funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, the member organizations of OHPRS provide services and supports to people and organizations promoting health in Ontario communities. Services provided by OHPRS members include training, consultation, print and electronic resource development, network building, and referrals.
* The English-language course is approximately 190 screens of information in total. This is divided into 9 modules and approximately 15 additional screens of supplemental information (resource list, glossary, etc.). Each module has an introduction, learning objectives, one or more reflective exercises, a content discussion, and a list of readings and resources. The course outline and a sample module are available at http://www.ohprs.ca/jobs/jobs.html.
* Our instructional designers have made recommendations about content breakdown in the English-language course. We wish to follow these recommendations in the French-language course as well, where appropriate.
* Minimal formatting is preferred (see the sample module for an example)--complicated layout or design is not necessary.
* Provide adapted modules, resource list, and case studies. Content should be delivered in plain text, Word or WordPerfect format, copy-edited to a professional standard in Canadian French.
* Locate a small group of potential course users and involve them in a content review process
* Provide any additional instructions about how materials need to be used
The work will be completed within three months of the date of the contract.
* Expert knowledge and understanding of health promotion in Ontario
* Knowledge of Franco-Ontarian communities
* Fully bilingual (English/French)
* Experience developing courses, workshops, or other adult education
* Must work from own location using own equipment and software
All proposals should be inclusive of all costs related to this project, including GST where applicable. We anticipate proposals in the range of $8,000 to $10,000 for this work.
Payment will be contingent on approval of deliverables. The consultant will be paid on a scheduled invoice basis by the Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse (OPC) on behalf of the OHPRS.
Proposals should include a brief workplan describing a proposed process for working with the committee to achieve the intended deliverables, an estimate and short breakdown of costs, a resume or curriculum vitae, and two writing samples in Canadian French. Aside from the writing samples, proposals may be submitted in English, in French, or in a combination of the two languages.
Proposals should be submitted by e-mail (Word, WordPerfect, RTF, or PDF formats only please) to OHPRS at [email protected]. All proposals must be submitted on or before August 23, 2004, at 6:00 p.m. We will acknowledge receipt of all submissions.
For more information about this project contact
OHPRS Intranet Facilitator
180 Dundas Street West, Suite 1900
Toronto, ON M5G 1Z8
(416) 408-2249 x242