The FOCUS Coordinator works collaboratively with the Rainy River District Substance Abuse Prevention (RRDSAP) Team to prevent problems, including injuries, associated with alcohol and other substance use, and problems related to alcohol as a risk factor for chronic diseases by fostering and maintaining broad-based community involvement; using a comprehensive, population-based approach; integrating evidence-based interventions to build upon community capacity and maximize resources; coordinating the planning, implementation, decision-making and evaluation of project strategies and activities; coordinating and supporting volunteers and partner agencies; managing information and communications including correspondence, website, reports, media and budget monitoring.
Full Time, 35 hours/week
* University degree in health promotion or related field preferred
* Experience in health promotion program planning, design, implementation, and evaluation
* Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Experience in applying community development approaches to health promotion programs
* Knowledge of alcohol/substance abuse prevention, injury prevention, and alcohol as a risk factor in chronic disease would be an asset
* Self-directed, willingness to work flexible hours
Salary: $23.01 to $27.32 per hour, commensurate with experience
Other: Access to transportation is required. Mileage allowance is provided. Criminal reference check clearance is required.
Submit resume to
Director of Health Promotion
Northwestern Health Unit
47B Front Street, P.O. Box 276
Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1A3
Tel: (807) 737-2292
Fax: (807) 737-3711
Application Deadline: August 20, 2004, 4:30 p.m. CST
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.