Up to One Year
We require a highly motivated individual to provide nutrition expertise and support to our community. Reporting to the Manager of the Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention Department, the Public Health Dietitian will be involved in the planning, development, implementation, support, and monitoring of nutrition-related health promotion programs and activities as they pertain to the delivery of Chronic Disease Prevention and other relevant Standards of the most current version of the Mandatory Health Programs and Services Guidelines.
$26.03-$30.19 per hour plus a comprehensive benefit package
CUPE Local 543.3 Position
* A current Certificate of Registration from the College of Dietitians of Ontario
* A minimum of one year's experience in a health promotion or community health field
* Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
* A valid Ontario Driver's Licence and access to a reliable motor vehicle during hours of work
* Applicants will be required to obtain criminal background clearance at their own expense
* Evening and weekend work may be required
* If required, a criminal clearance certificate must be provided at the applicant's cost
* Competence in both official languages
* A working knowledge of behavior change theory, health promotion strategies, and population health
* Computer skills in word processing, e-mail, and use of the World Wide Web
Successful candidates will be required to join the Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 543.3.
Qualified individuals are to forward a r