South-East Ottawa Community Health Centre offers a variety of health and social services to residents living in various neighbourhoods in South-East Ottawa.
The Community Nutritionist will promote health through nutrition to priority populations in a community setting.
21 hours per week, September 2004 to September 2005
* Provides therapeutic and general nutrition counselling services
* Participates in the planning and implementation of community kitchens and community outreach nutrition activities
* Responds to requests for presentations and workshops related to nutrition and healthy eating
* Maintains a professional standard of practice and currency in nutrition and dietetics
* Maintains all necessary documentation and statistical records related to client, group, and community activity
* Conducts program evaluation activities and prepares program evaluation reports
* Maintains client confidentiality and acts in an ethical and professional manner in accordance with professional standards and in accordance with the policies of the Centre
* Consults with the Community Services team regarding the nutrition related needs of SEOCHC residents
* Promotes an inter-disciplinary approach in the provision of client care
* Bachelor's degree in human nutrition
* Dietitians of Canada accredited internship
* Member or eligible for membership in the College of Dietitians of Ontario
* Minimum of three (3) years in community health setting as a community nutritionist
* Proven leadership skills, group facilitation and support skills
* Effective communication skills
* Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
* Sensitivity to cross-cultural issues
* Sensitivity to nutrition related needs of low-income families, groups
* Fluency in both official languages
* Experience in the development and delivery of health promotion programs using a community development approach
The salary range for this position is $43,427 to $52,322 per year.
Please forward your curriculum vitae and a letter demonstrating your suitability for this position to
Community Services Manager
South-East Ottawa Centre For a Healthy Community
1355 Bank Street, Suite 600
Ottawa, ON K1H 8K7
Fax: (613) 739-8199
Closing date for this competition is August 27, 2004.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.