The Public Health Dietitian will work collaboratively to plan, implement, and evaluate a range of health promotion programs under the requirements of the Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention Program, with a focus on nutrition promotion. The successful candidate also supports related programs in the Family Health and Infectious Disease Programs.
JOB #PH/2004/022 (A)
Temporary, Full Time, 35 Hours Per Week
Maternity Leave, Approximately 11 Months, Subject to Change
As Soon As Possible
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities
* Baccalaureate (4 year) degree from a Canadian university with a major course of study in foods and nutrition
* Completion of an accredited dietetic internship
* Current registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
* Two years related experience in community or public health nutrition
* Experience in health promotion programming, including community development; health policy analysis and development; social marketing, mass communications and media; application of health behaviour change theory; program planning, implementation, and evaluation
* Excellent verbal, written, and mass communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to facilitate community partnerships with diverse groups in support of nutrition promotion initiatives
* Ability to critically assess applied health research and develop detailed program proposals and reports
* Ability to use computer technology including MS Word, Power Point, Internet and e-mail
* Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
* Ability to work flex hours as required
* Requires as a minimum a valid "G2" Ontario Driver's License and vehicle
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to authorize the Health Unit to obtain and adjudicate a police record check at their expense.
Minimum $24.83 to Maximum $27.95
Closing Date: September 7, 2004, at 4:00 p.m.
Please forward your letter of application, resume, proof of education required for this position and a copy of your current certificate of competence from the College of Dietitians of Ontario to:
Assistant Director of Corporate Services, Human Resources
Attention: Job #PH/2004/022 (A)
North Bay & District Health Unit
681 Commercial Street
North Bay, ON P1B 4E7
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Telephone inquiries will not be accepted.
The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.