New deadline: August 31, 2004
Note: Due to e-mail difficulties, any e-mails sent on Thursday, August 26 or Friday, August 27 may bounce back. We have revised the deadline for this position to August 31, 2004.
Please note new e-mail address at [email protected].
OHPRS Intranet Facilitator, Ontario Health Promotion Resource System
Toronto, Ontario Deadline August 27, 2004
The OHPRS Intranet Facilitator supports, develops and coordinates the technological capacity of the Ontario Health Promotion Resource System (OHPRS, http://www.ohprs.ca), ensuring online communication using Livelink Intranet and other tools and providing guidance and training support to system members. This position is based at the Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse (OPC).
Time Commitment: Contract, full time (35 hours per week) through August 2005
* Support collaborative working arrangements among system members by facilitating the use of the Livelink Intranet and other tools for communication and production.
* Administer, maintain, troubleshoot, and facilitate content development on the Livelink Intranet and OHPRS website.
* Support the introduction of a new, custom-built service tracking application (STA) for the OHPRS: support STA users; participate in monitoring, tracking and evaluating use of the STA.
* Mount English- and French-language content in HTML templates (content and templates provided) for the OHPRS "HP101" online course; support dissemination of information about the course and promote the use of the course.
* Conduct technology-related on- and off-site troubleshooting, consultation, support and training as required. Maintain an awareness of current tools and trends in technology, and make recommendations to the OHPRS where relevant.
* Assist with the synthesis and integration of system-wide data (e.g., statistical reports).
* Provide expertise and advice to OHPRS committees as appropriate.
* Participate in OHPRS communications activities (e.g., brochure development, displays).
* Work with OPC information system team members, third-party vendors and business partners as required to support system efforts.
* Provide relevant feedback from system members and community programs to OHPRS staff, members, committees, and the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care.
* Other duties as appropriate.
The OHPRS Intranet Facilitator will possess
* Strong understanding of community health promotion organizations and activities in Ontario
* Strong communication skills including: group work and facilitation, oral and written presentations
* Demonstrated experience with online facilitation in electronic conferences or listservs, use of Intranets, and with electronic communication and its capacity to support collaborative work
* Broad familiarity with current computer and Internet technologies, including networks, current office productivity applications, software, repairs, troubleshooting, and hardware upgrading
* Demonstrated ability to work independently, and as part of a team with multiple accountabilities
* Experience in handling emerging issues with diplomacy and confidentiality
* University degree in health promotion, social sciences or related field
* Three years relevant work experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
* Oral and written communication skills in French
* Knowledge of or experience with Livelink Intranet (http://www.opentext.com/livelink)
$40,000-$44,000 per annum (prorated), plus benefits
The OHPRS Facilitator is based in Toronto. With prior arrangement, some work could be done from the contractor's home office. Limited travel within the Windsor/Ottawa corridor may be required.
Please address your resume and cover letter to the "OHPRS Intranet Facilitator Hiring Committee"
By mail, to
Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse
180 Dundas Street West, Suite 1900
Toronto, Ontario M5G 1Z8
By fax, to 416-408-2122
By e-mail, to Robyn Kalda at [email protected].
(plain text, Word, WordPerfect, or PDF versions only please)
The revised deadline for applications is Tuesday,August 31 2004.