The Toronto-Danforth Ontario Early Years Centre is seeking a qualified and motivated Outreach Coordinator. Working with parents, satellites, service providers and the community, the Ontario Early Years Centre delivers universal and specialized programs and services for parents, caregivers and children 0 -6 years.
Position Type: Full time
Application Deadline: October 4, 2004
* Coordinate the development and delivery of outreach activities.
* Plan and facilitate outreach programs.
* Develop strategies to increase community awareness about early years services and early childhood development.
* Develop communication materials.
* Assist parents and caregivers in accessing resources.
* Liaise with partners, organizations and other agencies.
* Post secondary degree or diploma in early childhood education, family support, social services or equivalent
* Experience in community development and services for children and families
* Ability to work with a diversity of communities and with a range of partners including parents and service providers
* Experience in program and event planning, marketing and delivery
* Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills
* High level of computer proficiency
* Flexible schedule to accommodate some evening and weekend work
* Ability to speak a second language is an asset.
Please mail resume before October 4, 2004, to
Director, Ontario Early Years Centre
Massey Centre for Women
1102 Broadview Avenue
Toronto, ON M4K 2S5
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about the Ontario Early Years Centres, visit http://www.ontarioearlyyears.ca.