Summary of Duties
Reporting to the Manager, Applied Research and Evaluation, provide support to the research/program evaluation activities of the Public Health & Community Services Department and the Public Health Research Education and Development (PHRED) cross appointees.
Location: Public Health & Community Services
Reference: Call No. 002880
Public Health & Community Services Department (Program Policy & Planning, Applied Research & Evaluation
Location: 1 Hughson Street North, 3rd Floor
Research Assistant-CUPE 5167(inside Workgroup)
(1 Temporary Full Time Position)
* Participate, as a member of a research/program evaluation team(s), in the implementation of research evaluation functions.
* Implement research/evaluation data collection methods, i.e., implementing surveys, arranging and conducting focus groups and key informant interviews.
* Support the development of literature reviews.
* Develop and maintain databases that support PHRED activities, i.e. student placements, presentations and publications.
* Transcribe data sets into appropriate software.
* Conduct statistical analysis on program evaluation findings.
* Provide qualitative and quantitative analysis.
* Develop and maintain database that supports program evaluation/research initiatives within the Public Health & Community Services Department.
* Develop and support dissemination strategies including website maintenance, reports, presentations, posters, and articles.
* Develop written account of research/evaluation process for review by research team.
* Collaborate as part of program evaluation/research team with community partners.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Demonstrated knowledge of research/program evaluation methodology, statistical analyses, qualitative and quantitative analyses and data collection methods normally acquired through the completion of a B.A./B.Sc. Degree
* Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with microcomputer systems and software packages for conducting both qualitative and quantitative analysis including Access and SPSS
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent organizational skills
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Salary: Salary Grade 16
$22.191 - $23.201 - $24.208 - $25.221 per hour
Hours: 35 per week
Note: This vacancy is due to a project with a term of approximately 18 months.
The incumbent shall comply with all health and safety policies and practices for this position and the workplace.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
Staffing Consultant: Gwen Marshall
Please apply on or before November 5, 2004. Please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to Nancy Ascroft, [email protected] AND by going to the City of Hamilton website (www.hamilton.ca) and applying on the e-recruit page. You must apply both ways. If you have difficulty, please email Nancy.