* Reports to the Manager, Healthy Lifestyles, plans, develops, implements, evaluates and coordinates the delivery of nutrition programs and services using a variety of health promotion strategies.
* Participates in interdisciplinary and city -wide Toronto Public Health teams
* Provides expert advice to Division staff, community professionals, community leaders, and the media on nutrition issues
* Liaises and works with internal and external committees, task forces, and coalitions that are essential for the development, implementation, and evaluation of nutrition-related health programs and services
* Participates in the planning and delivery of continuing education for staff and community professionals and the training of students
* Prepares and presents reports, discussion papers, funding proposals, and journal articles as required
File Reference #: X4CNS6465
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to
1. A Baccalaureate Degree in Food and Nutrition or equivalent program from a recognized university
2. A Master's degree from a recognized university with a major in community and/or public health nutrition or the equivalent as approved by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care
3. Demonstrated experience working with multicultural communities
4. Registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
5. Possession of a valid Ontario Class "G" Driver's License and access to a vehicle
6. Demonstrated analytical, organizational, program planning and evaluation, leadership, and educational skills
7. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
To apply for this position, please send us a resume and cover letter, quoting File #X4CNS6465, using one of the following methods
Fax: (416) 397-9818, or
Mail to: Employment Services, Human Resources, City of Toronto, Metro Hall, 55 John Street, 5th Floor, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 3C6
Applications must be received by November 17, 2004.
Salary: $31.46 to $34.94 hourly
Committed to employment equity, the City of Toronto encourages applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.