The North York Women's Centre (NYWC) is a community-based, non-profit organization providing services and programs promoting the well-being of women in North York. Feminism, anti-racism and social justice are the core values that guide our work.
The NYWC is looking for a Co-facilitator for its "Reclaiming Yourself After Abuse" group, a 10-week, psycho-educational group for women dealing with issues related to violence and abuse.
The responsibilities of the co-facilitator include
* Group planning, development and evaluation
* Conducting intake interviews with prospective group participants
* Co-facilitating a 10-week, psycho-educational group
* Preparing appropriate supplies, materials, and handouts
* Preparing client notes and a final written report
* Specialized education and experience in violence against women, utilizing a feminist, anti-oppression analysis
* A minimum of two years experience in-group counselling, preferably with women who are survivors of Abuse
This is contract position for a total of $1,250, based on 50 hours at $25 per hour.
This group is scheduled to run February 2005-May 2005,
Saturday afternoons 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
Please apply in writing by 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 09, 2004, to
Group Facilitator Hiring Committee
North York Women's Centre
201 Caribou Road
North York, ON M5N 2B5
Faxed or e-mailed applications will NOT be accepted.
We encourage applications from women in immigrant, racialized and LGBT communities, and women with disabilities. We regret that limited project funds prevent us from covering accessibility costs.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.