The Tobacco Control Manager oversees the development and implementation of the Ontario Lung Association's tobacco strategy. Responsibilities include the management of our activities as part of the Ontario Tobacco Free Network, our youth-oriented programs such as the Youth Tobacco Team and the Lungs Are For Life smoking prevention program for students from kindergarten through Grade 12, and our efforts to influence government policy.
The Lung Association is one of Canada's oldest health-related charities. We work to improve lung health by funding medical research, raising awareness of important risk factors influencing lung health, and providing education to help those with breathing problems.
Tobacco use is the most important preventable risk factor for lung disease. Whether direct or indirect, exposure to tobacco smoke contributes to asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), heart disease, and lung cancer. The reduction of tobacco use forms a cornerstone of our efforts to prevent lung disease.
Position Type: Full Time
Date Ad Posted: 11/05/2004
Application Deadline: 11/30/2004
* minimum three years of relevant project management and supervisory experience, preferably within a charitable organization
* background in marketing communications, government relations, health promotion, or a health-related field with an emphasis on tobacco control
* excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience preparing and making presentations
* strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop, manage, and motive a team
* tact and persuasiveness with the ability to think on one's feet in heated situations
* flexibility, with good time management abilities
* the ability to develop and work within a budget
* the ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines
* computer proficiency
* means of transportation and willingness to travel as necessary
The Lung Association welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. To apply, please submit a detailed resume and covering letter indicating your salary expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Contact by: email, fax, mail
Job Contact Information
Director of Human Resources
Ontario Lung Association
573 King Street East, Suite 201
Toronto, ON M5A 4L3
Fax: (416) 864-9911
For more information visit http://www.on.lung.ca.