EYET Family Resources is a non-profit organization that provides services and support to children and families, prenatal to age 6. Our organization is committed to providing quality, inclusive, and accessible programs. EYET is seeking an Assistant Coordinator to support planning, development, and delivery of its Ontario Early Years programs within the Toronto Centre Rosedale riding. This position will work with site Early Years Practitioners as part of an integrated team.
13 month contract, January 3, 2005 to February 1, 2006
28 hours per week
* As part of an integrated team, plan, and deliver day-to-day OEYC programs, providing age appropriate and interactive early learning activities that address all aspects of healthy child development and promotes readiness to learn
* Plan and coordinate adult-focused workshops to enhance parenting capacity/skills
* Carry out program evaluations, cultural competency checklist, and safety audits of program
* Assist Senior Coordinator with program management and planning, service delivery, data collection, representation, outreach and promotion, and upkeep of the OEYC
* Initiate and maintain an open dialogue with parents, caregivers, co-workers, program guests, community partners, etc., to encourage and nurture relationship building
* Share workload of administrative duties including compilation of statistics, calendar and flyer development, quarterly reporting, and monthly bulletin board updates
* Coordination/delivery of community lunch, parent relief, and emergency child care services
* Opening and closing of programs, with possible evening and weekend programs
* Full completion of a Diploma/Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child and Youth Worker, or a Bachelor's degree (specialization in Child Studies)
* Excellent knowledge of, and prior experience with, program planning, design, and evaluation related to children's development and parenting capacity
* A team player, with an ability to maintain open communication with others in order to create a positive work environment and build a supportive OEYC centre
* Minimum 2 years of relevant experience working with young children and families from diverse backgrounds (socioeconomic, cultural, family arrangements)
* Excellent understanding of the theory and practice of family support
* Computer literacy, including software packages, flyer/newsletter design, email, etc.
* Experience with collaborative process and supporting community partnerships
* Assets: A valid Ontario Driver's licence, up to date First Aid/CPR certificate, and an additional language (Mandarin, Tamil, Vietnamese, Bengali)
Job posting closes December 3, 2004; interviews will be scheduled for the following week!
Please send your resume, cover letter, and three references to
East York/East Toronto Family Resources
ATTN: TCR OEYC Committee
947 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 1J9
Fax: (416) 686-8282
East York/East Toronto Family Resources an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage individuals from equity-seeking groups to apply for this position.