Capacity Canada works with and helps to build the capacity of provincial networks, associations, and organizations of immigrant professionals across Canada. The long-term vision of Capacity Canada is to build on the provincial networks of internationally educated professionals to create the foundation for a national policy roundtable. Capacity Canada is an initiative of CASSA (the Council of Agencies Serving South Asians), through a partnership with PROMPT and BCITP Net (British Columbia Internationally Trained Professionals Network). The project is driven by two principles--that our work is immigrant driven and our efforts both increase access to the system and create equity in the system.
* Identify and develop relationships with associations, initiatives ,and individuals working to increase the access of immigrants to their professions in Ontario, Quebec, and the Atlantic provinces
* Facilitate the capacity building of provincial networks of immigrant professionals
* Establish preliminary connections across provincial networks
* Research and develop options of models for a national policy roundtable
* Develop relationships with relevant stakeholders including government, regulatory bodies, and employers
Project Management and Administration
* Ongoing liaison and coordination with BC co-coordinator
* Report to project advisory committee and community leadership body
* Ongoing communication with funder, including financial and narrative reports
* Ensure contract obligations are being fulfilled
* Oversee financial management of project
* Responsible for project evaluation (with support of a consultant)
* Coordination of project management with the CASSA Executive Director and PROMPT coordinator
* Proposal writing related to funding sustainability
* Collect and coordinate information as part of an environmental scan of immigrant led initiatives
* Oversee the development of an online searchable database related to the environmental scan
* Supervise the ongoing development of website
* Responsible for promotion of the project and media relations
* Demonstrated understanding of issues facing internationally educated professionals
* Demonstrated and relevant experience of coalition and capacity building
* Strong skills in diplomacy, negotiation, and stakeholder relations
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Strong project management and organizational skills
* Demonstrated experience in financial management, budgeting etc.
* Experience in communications, media relations
* Experience working in a culturally and racially diverse environment
* Lived experience of being an internationally educated professional
* Ability to communicate in French
* Experience overseeing the development on an online database
Start date: As soon as possible
Contract: Part time to March 31, 2006 (with extension dependent upon funding)
Salary: $55,000 per year, prorated to 3 days a week ($33,000) with benefits
Please include a statement (of up to 500 words) outlining the approach and strategies you would employ to meet the goal and objectives of the project. Please refer to the project description and performance management framework (available from Farrukh Saleem at firstname.lastname@example.org).
More information about Capacity Canada is available at http://www.capacitycanada.ca.
Please forward your statement, cover letter, and resume by Friday January 28 to
Capacity Canada Hiring Committee
2 Carlton Street, Suite 820
Toronto, ON M5B 1J3
Fax: (416) 979-9853
Please note, applications without a statement will not be considered.
We thank all applicants for your interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Capacity Canada is funded by Canadian Heritage