The CACP assists various levels of government in Canada to fulfil their commitments to end child and family poverty.
* The coordinator will normally work two days per week from a downtown Toronto office.
* Flexibility of hours is essential. Duties will begin in March, 2005.
* Salary is on a fee for service basis to a maximum of $350 per day for an initial contract of one year.
* Under the direction of the Steering Committee, the coordinator will direct and guide the CACP's government advocacy and public education activities
* experience working with volunteers and in building coalitions
* experience with political lobbying and creative approaches to public education
* knowledge of government policies as they pertain to child and family poverty issues
* strong inter-personal and problem-solving skills, tact and good judgment
* demonstrated organizational and administrative skills, excellent verbal and written skills
* proven ability to successfully manage projects from conception to implementation
* the ability to work independently with minimal direction
For further information about the CACP, please visit http://www.childpoverty.com.
Apply by January 31 with a cover letter and full resume to
Chair, Search Committee
Campaign Against Child Poverty
Fax: (416) 656-8168
Replies will be sent only to those candidates selected for an interview.
[Source: Toronto Weekly CED Bulletin]