* Assisting in developing proposals, Implementing special projects. Providing a range of community based supports and services including liaising with schools.
* Identifying pressing community trends and needs and work with YOUTHLINK and the community to identify a response that enhances community capacity. Providing information, consultation and training on youth issues to community groups.
* The emphasis will be on working with high need youth and high need communities with a focus on education, violence prevention, AIDS/HIV prevention, sexual health, homelessness and immigrant/refugee issues.
* Demonstrated experience in working with high need youth and their families including those who are homeless, unemployed or new to the country
* Knowledge of issues affecting youth, notably housing, employment, immigrant/refugee, education and mental health
* Proven group facilitation skills
* Demonstrated experience in community asset mapping
* Ability to work effectively as a team member and in collaboration with a variety of community groups and relevant stakeholders
* Experience in developing youth leadership programs
* Good report-writing skills
* Knowledge of and sensitivity to racial/cultural issues, gender and orientation
* Evening and/or weekend work required
* Familiarity with Scarborough and access to a vehicle are assets
* Fluency in a second language (Tamil, Dari, Pashtu, Mandarin) is a definite asset
* Related degree or diploma from a university or cwith a minimum of 2 years experience in Community Work
Applicant should quote Job#634
Job Contact Information
The Hiring Committee
Youthlink, Head Office
747 Warden Avenue
Scarborough, Ontario M1L 4A8
Fax: (416) 967-7515
Deadline for Applications in January 31.
[Source: Toronto Weekly CED Bulletin]