The Program Training and Consultation Centre (PTCC), a Resource Centre funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-term Care to support the Ontario Tobacco Strategy, is seeking a Better Practices Research (0.5 FTE) and Evaluation Officer (0.5 FTE) to implement the planned expansion activities of PTCC's Better Practices Toolkit. Such a role includes continuing to grow the number of "promising" and "recommended" interventions posted in the Toolkit, keeping the Toolkit information up-to-date and relevant, and developing and implementing an effective knowledge exchange strategy. Evaluation activities include following-up participants at training events to identify community actions resulting, formally identifying needs for training and technical assistance, analyzing existing needs assessment information, and planning a skill-based needs assessment of staff working in tobacco control.
* A Master's degree in health studies, psychology, or other behavioural science together with relevant experience, or a combination of education and/or experience deemed to be equivalent;
* A graduate-level research background with an emphasis on program evaluation methodology;
* Proven project management/coordination experience;
* Familiarity with the Better Practices and knowledge exchange literature;
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral;
* Excellent organizational skills and the ability to execute multiple tasks simultaneously;
* Ability to work independently, proactively and with minimal supervision;
This position is a one-year contract (with a possibility of renewal).
Please send resumes to
Program Training and Consultation Centre
c/o University of Waterloo, MC 6081F
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1
Deadline: March 4, 2005