The Stroke Prevention Initiative (http://www.preventstroke.ca) of the Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse's (http://www.opc.on.ca) is seeking one or two health promotion consultants for immediate work in either a short-term staff or freelance consultant role.
Initial tasks include
* Documentation of our community networking experiences, Connecting the Dots
* Develop work book of current resources to support new planning teams in other communities
* Working with teams planning a local Connecting the Dots event
* Develop displays for workshops
* Supporting the review of the new website and community resource database
* Knowledge/experience in health promotion and determinants of health, preferably in community settings
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to assess and respond effectively to client needs
* Ability to work with content in website and database, experience preferred
* Ability to work independently and as an integral team member
* Strategic and problem-solving skills and ability to respond to Ontario's cultural and regional diversity
* Hospital or primary care/clinical experience an asset
* French language fluency is preferred
* Potential to shift to a longer-term staff position should longer term funding be obtained
Location: Negotiable, GTA preferred
Interested applicants should submit cover letter and resume by March 4, 2005, to SPI manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for interviews will be contacted. OPC is an equal opportunity employer.