Fife House, Toronto's largest provider of supportive housing and support services for people living with HIV/AIDS is launching a research study. Together with the Ontario AIDS Network, AIDS Niagara, AIDS Thunder Bay, Bruce House, the Ontario Aboriginal AIDS Strategy, McMaster University and York University the partners have developed a study entitled Assessing the Housing Needs of PHAs in Ontario Today and into the Future: A Community-Based Research Response to Housing. This study aims to increase knowledge of housing as it relates to people living with HIV/AIDS (PHAs) in order to develop more effective and appropriate housing practices and policies. We are seeking a dynamic, experienced research coordinator to lead this province-wide, community-based research initiative.
18 month contract
Working from your home-based office and the Fife House head office in Toronto, the primary duties of the Research Coordinator will include
* Development of a critical path/workplan;
* Planning and organizing research team meetings and teleconferences;
* Coordinating data collection including training and supervising five research assistants who will administer surveys to people living with HIV/AIDS across Ontario;
* Data management and analysis and quality assurance;
* Preparing interim and final reports, manuscripts, and presentations for funders as well as for community and academic forums; and
* Presenting research findings.
Preferred applicants will have
* A Master's degree in health promotion, social sciences, or a related discipline;
* Experience with HIV-related or other health research project management;
* Experience working with the HIV/AIDS community;
* An understanding of the ways in which homophobia, racism, sexism, and other forms of gender discrimination, ability and HIV positive status impact on the lives of people living with HIV/AIDS;
* Experience working with SPSS or other statistical analysis programs;
* Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills;
* Ability to travel throughout Ontario;
* A demonstrated ability to lead a team and to work as part of a team; and
* Basic knowledge of the various housing issues experienced by PHAs in Ontario.
Start Date: April 2005 to September 2006 (with a possibility of a second phase)
Salary: Competitive compensation package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Fife House is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from persons living with HIV/AIDS, visible minorities and persons with culturally diverse backgrounds. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note: Relocation costs will not be covered.
Please forward your resume and covering letter no later than 5:00 p.m., Friday, March 11, 2005, by mail, fax or email to
Ontario AIDS Network
Re: Research Coordinator
25 Adelaide Street East, Suite 915
Toronto, ON M5C 3A1
Fax: (416) 364-1250