The Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit has a challenging opportunity available for a Health Promoter. You will work as a valued member of an interdisciplinary team addressing chronic disease prevention and substance abuse issues in the community.
temporary, full time
We need your diverse skills to
* plan, implement, and evaluate programs which meet the requirements and standards identified in the mandatory programs;
* research and develop programs/plans that are evidence-based and responsive to community needs;
* develop health promotion strategies that are based on accurate and up-to-date information;
* participate as a member of an interdisciplinary team within the Health Unit;
* maintain and establish linkages in the community as appropriate; and
* develop and utilize appropriate evaluation tools.
* University graduation in a related discipline (health studies/sciences), plus over one year of related experience (experience community based, health promotion preferred) or equivalent to the above
* Well developed oral and written communications skills
* The ability to use corporate standard computer software and computers
* Proven time management and motivation skills accompanied with planning and evaluation skills
* The ability to work independently or as a member of a team
* A valid Ontario driver's license and have access to a vehicle as travel is required
Qualified candidates are invited to submit detailed resumes by
4:30 p.m. on Monday, March 14, to
K. A. Webb, General Manager
Human Resources & Staff Development Department
21 Lynnwood Avenue
Simcoe, ON N3Y 2V7
Fax: (519) 426-9876
firstname.lastname@example.org (word documents please)
All applications will be held in strict confidence. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment purposes only.