The Nova Scotia Gaming Corporation has an immediate opening for a Manager, Social Responsibility--an integral member of the management team.
This position is accountable for leading and achieving the Corporation's social responsibility goals, including advancing the Responsible Gaming Strategy. You will work collaboratively to ensure best social responsibility practices are implemented that align to the vision, mission and goals.
Key responsibilities include strategic planning, managing projects and executing planned tactics, liaising with research and consulting firms, fostering partnerships and collaborative relationships, and keeping up-to-date on developments in the field of responsible gaming. You will demonstrate strong leadership through proactive planning and effectively communicating strategic and operational information.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
* University degree in business, communications, social or health sciences (ideally, at the Masters level)
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with others, facilitate communications and influence relationships
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, including public speaking
* Strong problem solving skills
* Effective project management skills
* Creativity and marketing expertise
* Knowledge and understanding of research/survey methods and statistical analysis
* Minimum of 5 years related experience
Knowledge of the gaming industry and responsible gaming issues would be considered an asset.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to
Nova Scotia Gaming Corporation
5151 George Street, Suite 800, P.O. Box 1501
Halifax, NS B3J 2Y3
Fax: (902) 424-0724
The Nova Scotia Gaming Corporation is a Crown corporation responsible for the conduct and management of gaming businesses in the province to optimize economic return in a responsible manner. Its operations include video lotteries, ticket lotteries and casinos.