The Child Care Advocacy Association of Canada (CCAAC) is seeking an
Executive Director, who will lead the Association under the guidance of its Board of Directors and Council of Child Care Advocates.
The CCAAC is a pan-Canadian, nonprofit, membership-based association, which plays a critical role in advancing child care issues through public education, research, policy development and proactive promotion. The successful candidate will possess superior organization, leadership and communication skills preferably in both official languages, have relevant experience in advocacy and policy development; be a seasoned social activist who is equally comfortable planning policy and strategy or managing the daily operations of the organization's Ottawa office; and have the following qualifications:
* minimum of five years experience in middle or senior management, preferably with a nonprofit organization, which included significant experience working with a diverse array of community and public sector individuals and groups;
* post secondary education in human services, social policy advocacy,
preferably on child care issues, communication, public relations, non-profit management or relevant combinations of the above;
* excellent written and verbal communication skills are required;
* flexibility to work out of Ottawa and to travel throughout Canada;
* ability to work effectively in a team environment; and
* fluency in both official languages is preferred.
Please forward your confidential cover letter and resume by March 15, 2005, to
Ms Gisele Jank
Tel: (613) 594-3196