This is an exciting time to join the Community and Neighbourhood Services Department, Public Health, Division in the City of Toronto, and make your contribution in this key role.
File Reference #: X5CNS7394
* Reporting to the Manager, Peer Nutrition Program, this employee will participate as a member of an interdisciplinary team in delivering the assigned portion of the Peer Nutrition, Healthy Lifestyles Program.
* Participates in program planning, implementation and evaluation, preparation and/or selection of educational materials, and promotion of the Peer Nutrition program to other professionals, community agencies and the ethno-cultural communities
* Mentor and support Peer Nutrition workers, screen and make appropriate referrals to other professionals, and community programs
* Consults with and, in select populations, screens, assesses nutritional needs, develops plans for and counsels clients and families on sound food and nutrition practices
* Establishes and maintains liaison with community groups/agencies regarding food programs and policy changes as needed
* Provides training, guidance for new staff, and field experience for students
1. Baccalaureate degree in foods and nutrition or equivalent program from a recognized university
2. Current membership in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
3. Experience with any of the following ethnic groups and fluent in English and any of the following languages or dialects African/Caribbean, French, Cantonese, Spanish, or Serbian
4. Experience working with parents and a variety of groups in a culturally diverse community
5. Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
6. Excellent skills in counselling, group facilitation, education and community development
Capability of assuming responsibility with minimum supervision, and the ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
To apply for this position, please send us a resume and cover letter, quoting File #X5CNS7394, using one of the following methods
Fax 416-397-9818 or
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or
Mail to Employment Services, Human Resources, City of Toronto, Metro Hall, 55 John Street, 5th Floor, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 3C6
Applications must be received by April 7, 2005.
Salary: $29.12 to $32.58 hourly
Committed to employment equity, the City of Toronto encourages applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.