The Learning and Evaluation Manager will provide leadership and management for evaluation and evaluation-related learning activities at the United Way of Greater Toronto. UWGT has been providing evaluation capacity building support to member and non-member agencies for several years. Through this process, UWGT developed a Program Evaluation and Organizational Development initiative (PEOD) and is presently seeking a Manager who will build on the work of PEOD and strengthen UWGTs capacity to promote a culture of evaluative reflection and learning among both member agencies and UWGT staff.
* Support the evaluation and learning needs of member agencies, including provision of training and coaching to build agenciesevaluation capacity.
* Lead the implementation of UWGTs PEOD initiative.
* Recruit and train volunteers to assist agencies to build their evaluation and learning capacity.
* Assist in problem-solving initiatives and collaborative efforts with agencies, community organizations and other funders with respect to relevant evaluation issues.
* Work with UWGT department teams (fundraising, marketing and communications) to develop systems to communicate UWGTs impact on community issues.
* Assist in disseminating evaluation results to UWGT partners, including government agencies, foundations, agencies, and other stakeholders.
* Promote a culture of evaluative reflection and learning among member agencies and UWGT staff.
* Participate in internal UWGTs projects and teams.
* You are a high-energy, motivated, creative and results-driven individual with
* A minimum of three to five years employment with experience in the non-profit social services sector in areas related to evaluation and learning
* Post-secondary education in a field related to evaluation or
equivalent experience in evaluation
* Demonstrated skill in a range of program monitoring and assessment methodologies, including outcome measurement and quantitative and qualitative research
* Strong strategic planning, leadership, project management and analytical skills
* Demonstrated experience in managing volunteers
* An in-depth knowledge and relevant experience in the human services sector
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as training and group facilitation experience
* Demonstrated experience in working collaboratively in a team, facilitating group processes and fostering partnerships
* Computer literacy, particularly in WORD, EXCEL and Web-based research
* Experience in working with youth and/or newcomers an asset
Interested applicants please submit a resume by April 22, 2005, to
United Way of Greater Toronto
26 Wellington Street East, 11th floor
Toronto, ON M5E 1W9
Fax: (416) 777-0962
Thank you to all applicants for your interest in this position. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
United Way of Greater Toronto is an equal opportunity employer.