The Organizational Capacity Building Manager will provide support to the United Way of Greater Torontos overall organizational capacity building activities including human resources management support for agencies. UWGT has been providing various capacity building supports to member and non-member agencies for several years. Its new Organizational Capacity Building team works to build the capacity of agencies, leaders and the voluntary sector through targeted organizational and leadership development initiatives.
* Strengthen the organizational capacity of agencies through the provision of virious capacity building activities, including coaching and peer support networks.
* Develop and manage programs, processes and tools that respond to and assist agencies to continuously improve and build their capacity.
* Recruit and train volunteers to provide human resources training support for agencies.
* Work collaboratively with other funders to develop new organizational and leadership development initiatives and programs.
* Assist in problem-solving initiatives and collaborative efforts with agencies, community organizations and other funders.
* Assist in disseminating learnings to UWGT partners, including government agencies, foundations, agencies, and other stakeholders.
* Participate in internal UWGT projects and teams.
You are a high-energy, motivated, creative and results-driven individual with
* A minimum of three to five years management experience in the non-profit social services sector in areas related to program development and implementation, coaching and peer support networks
* Demonstrated understanding of HR systems and programs
* Post-secondary education in adult education, non-profit sector management or equivalent
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as training and group facilitation experience
* Strong strategic planning, leadership, problem-solving and analytical skills
* Proven project management experience, including establishing and managing workplans and meeting deadlines
* Demonstrated experience in working collaboratively in a team, facilitating group processes and fostering partnerships
* An in-depth knowledge and relevant experience in the human services sector.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Experience in working with youth and/or newcomers an asset
Interested applicants please submit a resume by April 22, 2005, to
United Way of Greater Toronto
26 Wellington Street East, 11th floor
Toronto, ON M5E 1W9
Fax: (416) 777-0962
Thank you to all applicants for your interest in this position. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
United Way of Greater Toronto is an equal opportunity employer.