Parkdale Community Health Centre is Seeking a full-time (1.0 FTE) Health Promoter (One Year Contract), Bargaining Unit Position (UFCW - Local 175)
Parkdale Community Health Centre (PCHC) is situated in a vibrant, multicultural, inner-city neighbourhood. We work with the community, in all its diversity, to address its health-related needs through community development and action, the delivery of primary health care, counseling, advocacy and health promotion. We give priority to individuals and groups who traditionally encounter barriers to receiving high quality health care services, including refugees and immigrants, gay, lesbians, bisexuals and transgendered people, people who live in poverty, psychiatric survivors, women, seniors and people who live on or near the street. We are currently seeking a Health Promoter.
The ideal candidate will be able to conduct community needs assessments and coordinate, develop, implement, monitor and evaluate community health promotion programs.
We invite applications from persons with the following experience:
* Graduate degree from a recognized university in a relevant discipline or combination of undergraduate degree and significant related experience
* Three to five years of health promotion experience in a community setting
* Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
* Proven experience in conducting community needs assessments and coordinating and evaluating programs that meet those needs
* Excellent group facilitation skills
* Thorough understanding of social determinants of health and their impact on the lives of the communities we serve
* Experience establishing and maintaining links and developing partnerships with other agencies
* Familiarity with resources and services in Toronto and strong service coordination skills
* Experience in the development, implementation, and evaluation of health promotion resources/materials
* Experience working with diverse populations, including culturally and racially diverse communities, gay, lesbian, bi-sexual and transgendered communities, and low income communities
* Ability to collect and analyze data
* Ability to speak languages other than English an asset
Salary and Benefits: Salary range from $45,797.34 to $55,800.00
plus excellent benefits package
Parkdale Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send resume and covering letter by May 12 at 5:00 p.m. to:
The Hiring Committee - Health Promoter
Parkdale Community Health Centre
1229 Queen Street West
Toronto, ON M6K 1L2
Fax: (416) 537-5133
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
[Source: Toronto Weekly CED Bulletin #234]