1 full-time and 1 short-term contract
Closing Date: Wednesday, July 13, 2005
Location: Toronto preferred. Negotiable within Ontario
Start Date: August 2005
Best Start: Ontario's Maternal, Newborn and Early Child Development Resource Centre http://www.beststart.org) provides health promotion training, consultation and information services to community professionals working with women and families. The Best Start Resource Centre is a key program of Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse (http://www.opc.on.ca).
We currently seek two Information Specialists - one permanent full time (bilingual preferred) to support the team and one short-term contract (bilingual required) to support our French Languages Services Consultant.
* Seek information and undertake secondary research
* Track health promotion and information trends, issues and research
* Analyze and synthesize information into useable formats and disseminate relevant information in a variety of media
* Develop and/or contribute to the production of resources and training material
* Promote, manage, monitor and facilitate discussion on selected listservs/electronic networks
* Provide information, referrals and brief consultations to clients
* Develop, research, write and/or edit articles
* Support the development and implementation of practices and procedures for storing, recording and accessing print and electronic resources and information
* Maintain, support, and extend relationships and partnerships with identified health-promoting associations, organizations and groups
* University degree and/or equivalent experience in the health promotion field
* Comprehensive understanding of maternal, newborn and health promotion
* Good word processing skills and experience with email and internet applications, listserv manipulation and other information management tools
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong analytic, organizational and problem-solving skills
* Ability to gather, organize, interpret and communicate information and adapt it to different audiences
* Ability to work independently and as an integral team member
* Oral and written proficiency in French preferred for permanent position and required for contract position
* Competency to respond to Ontario's cultural and regional diversity
Location: Toronto preferred. Negotiable within Ontario.
Interested applicants should submit cover letter, indicating which position(s), and resume by Wednesday, July 13, 2005 to:
Manager, Best Start
c/o Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse
180 Dundas Street West, Suite 1900
Toronto, ON M5G 1Z8
Fax: (416) 408-2122
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. OPC is an equal opportunity employer.