Full time (35 hrs/wk)
South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a non-profit, multi-service centre that provides primary health care, social and community outreach services with an emphasis on health promotion to residents of Riverdale and South East Toronto.
The Urban Health Manager is responsible for the development, management and smooth operation of an integrated Urban Health Team that provides holistic primary health care, social services and outreach services to the community within a Harm Reduction framework.
* Develops, directs, manages and supervises the work of the urban health team and staff; Member of the Centre's senior management team
* Identifies emerging needs and priorities for optimizing patient/client primary health care, case coordination and outreach services within operating plan for complex, marginalized populations
* Provides guidelines to clinical and program staff outlining thefor their roles and responsibilities within a Harm Reduction framework
* Develops and reviews urban health team related policies and procedures
* Plans and evaluates programs and activities related to urban health involved priority populations
* Maintains knowledge of changing demographics and evolving needs of primarily disenfranchised groups within the community and considers SRCHC response to same
* Facilitates advocacy on behalf of clients or community where appropriate
* Participates in community activities that further enhance the health of the community with a focus on priority populations
* Ensures incorporation of health care advances into practice
* Participates as a member of the Centre's senior management team and actively works with colleagues to strengthen working relationships
* Post graduate degree or equivalent experience
* 3-5 years management experience in healthcare within the community sector
* Knowledge of and experience with marginalized populations (mental health, substance using, street involved, homeless and underhoused etc.)
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary environment
* Demonstrated experience in working within a non-judgmental, Harm Reduction framework
* Proven experience in project management
* Demonstrated experience working collaboratively and independently
Knowledge of a second language an asset but not required.
Deadline for applicants is Wednesday, June 29, 2005.
Anjali Joshi, Administrative Assistant
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3
No faxes or phone calls please.
South Riverdale Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.