Part Time (21 hours/week)
South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a non-profit, multi-service centre that provides primary health care, social and community outreach services with an emphasis on health promotion to residents of Riverdale and South East Toronto.
As a member of a multi-disciplinary agency, the Health Planner will have the responsibility of planning, coordinating, evaluating and producing work related to broader organizational infrastructure, and quality assurance.
Areas of Responsibility
* Analyzes health data to assist in organizational planning and development
* Conducts organization planning based upon community needs
* Creates and conducts organizational evaluation to ensure continuous quality improvement and accountability to Board, community and funders
* Explores organizational research opportunities to enhance health of the community
* Provides support to Senior Management team and Board of Directors with respect to planning, evaluation and quality assurance
* Participates with internal and community partners to enhance the planning, evaluation and quality of health and social services
* Maintains and develops professional competence and awareness of current system issues and challenges
* Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized university or a combination of education and relevant experience
* Experience working at a local or provincial level to plan, evaluate and develop programs and services
* Proven skills in developing and implementing evaluation tools
* Excellent data analysis skills
* Strong planning and project management skills with proven ability to multi-task
* Knowledge of quality assurance, systems and tools to achieve organizational health
* Working knowledge and understanding of research methodology and practise that address community based needs
* Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to resolve conflicts in a non-judgemental manner
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team environment
* Understanding of health promotion, community development and community health within the context of community health centres
* A strong interest in issues affecting people who are homeless, living with mental illness or substance use and/or with complex health issues
* Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications, etc.
Knowledge of a second language an asset but not required.
Deadline for applicants is Wednesday, June 29, 2005.
Anjali Joshi, Administrative Assistant
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3
No faxes or phone calls please.
South Riverdale Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.