Put your strategic leadership skills and commitment to the reform of Ontario's mental health system to work. As a senior manager in a dynamic and challenging environment, you will lead the development of program policy options and planning for provincial initiatives, and be responsible for design of effective implementation and evaluation strategies related to community mental health, psychiatric hospital and forensic psychiatric services.
* proven experience in developing program/operational policy for human services
* knowledge of government policy/decision-making processes
* understanding of mental health services and trends in community, psychiatric hospital and forensic program settings
* knowledge of system reform issues and relationships/impacts across the system
* demonstrated ability to manage implementation of complex initiatives
* understanding of governance/funding and mental health delivery models
* superior conceptual, leadership, communication, issues management, problem solving and facilitation skills to engage with a broad range of internal/external stakeholders
* knowledge of the mental health sectors' diverse issues, needs and expectations
Posting Date: June 24, 2005
Closing Date: July 11, 2005
Submit your resume to
File #: MH-EX-040
Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
Human Resources Branch
56 Wellesley Street West, 15th Floor
Toronto, ON M5S 2S3
Fax: (416) 326-5730
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Services is an equal opportunity employer.
[Source: Mental Health Notes, http://www.ontario.cmha.ca]