Closing Date: Monday, July 18, 2005
Location: Toronto preferred, negotiable within Ontario
Start Date: September 2005
Best Start: Ontario's Maternal, Newborn and Early Child Development Resource Centre provides health promotion training, consultation and information services to community professionals working with women and families. Best Start is a key program of Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse.
Best Start seeks a full-time Health Promotion Consultant.
* provide consultation and training across the province of Ontario to support and assist diverse audiences in the development and implementation of health promotion strategies related to maternal, newborn and early child development
* research and develop presentations, resources, proposals and related
* establish and maintain partnerships and initiatives with various local, provincial and national organizations and health promotional professionals
* monitor health promotion trends and issues
* graduate degree and/or equivalent experience in the health promotion field
* experience with public health nursing preferred
* ability to take the lead on post-partum mood disorders and breastfeeding portfolios
* comprehensive understanding of health promotion and the broad determinants of health
* demonstrated related maternal, newborn and child health promotion knowledge and experience, particularly in the area of early child development
* demonstrated facilitation and training skills
* excellent written and verbal communication skills
* ability to assess and respond effectively to client needs
* demonstrated program planning, project management and evaluation experience
* ability to work independently and as an integral team member
* strong analytical, problem-solving and strategic skills
* oral and written proficiency in French preferred
* competency to respond to Ontario's cultural and regional diversity
Location: Toronto preferred. Negotiable within Ontario. Travel throughout Ontario is required.
Interested applicants should submit cover letter and resume by Monday July 18, 2005, to
Manager, Best Start
c/o Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse
180 Dundas Street West, Suite 1900
Toronto, ON M5G 1Z8
Fax: (416) 408-2122
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an
interview will be contacted. OPC is an equal opportunity employer.