Closing Date: Friday, July 8, 2005
Start Date: As soon as possible (contract until August 26, 2005)
This is a full time position (35 hours per week) paying $10.00 an hour.
The Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse (OPC) is Ontario's longest standing prevention and health promotion organization, providing information, education, consultation and networking services in French and English province-wide.
The resources collections include the existing in-house resources of two programs, online health promotion databases managed by OPC (for example http://www.ohpe.ca), and health promotion resources held by staff and partner agencies.
The student will report to a health promotion consultant. The successful student will gain valuable experience in information retrieval and organization, document management, and team work within OPC and between multiple organizations.
* Must be a full-time student returning to full-time studies in the fall of 2005
* Must be between 15 and 30 years of age on the first day of employment
* Must not be attending full-time classes or be employed in any other full-time (over 30 hours) position while carrying out this job
* Must be legally entitled to work in Ontario
* Work with assigned OPC staff review French language resource collection. This will involve defining priority content areas, setting up a checklist for reviewing current resources, etc.
* List and categorize all resources (reports, books, journals, guides etc.) held by individual staff
* In consultation with staff, identify resources for deletion or archiving
* Catalogue and maintain existing documents and resources (scanning documents, compiling resource lists, data entry, etc.).
* Undertake other administrative duties as required.
* Minimum High School diploma. University or college programs in information sciences, library technician, health informatics, or other health field with information experience preferred
* Bilingual (English) with strong oral and written skill in French
* Demonstrated reliability, ability to work semi-independently, initiative and ability to plan, prioritize and organize work
*Ability to pay attention to detail
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by Friday, July 8, 2005, to
Manager, Health Promotion Resource Centre
c/o Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse
180 Dundas Street West, Suite 1900
Toronto, ON M5G 1Z8
Fax: (416) 408-2122
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about OPC, visit http://www.opc.on.ca. OPC is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.