The Canadian Alliance of Community Health Centre Associations (CACHCA) was established in 1995 to provide support to Canada's provincially based community health centre organizations (CHCs) and to represent the interests of those organizations at the national level.
The Association of Ontario Health Centres (AOHC) is the not-for-profit organization of community health centres (CHCs), aboriginal health access centres (AHACs), and community health service organizations (CHSO). Our member centres throughout Ontario provide community-based primary health care, health promotion and illness prevention services to tens of thousands of Ontarians in over 70 communities.
CACHCA and AOHC have received funds from Health Canada's Primary Health Care Transition Fund to implement two National projects.
Project : Cost-Effectiveness of Primary Health Care Project
Cost-effectiveness is a major concern in primary health care reform. Despite this, there is currently no broadly accepted approach by which the cost-effectiveness of different models of primary health care can be compared. The goal of this project is to develop a conceptual and methodological framework that can be used to evaluate the cost-effectiveness of different models of primary health care.
Role of Research Director
The Research Director is responsible for designing a strategy and a process for developing the framework. This process will include a consultation with nationally and internationally recognized experts (the "Think Tank").
The Research Director will work under the supervision of the Project Manager and will work closely with a Steering Committee.
* Coordinate the development of the conceptual framework for comparing cost effectiveness across models of Primary Health Care.
* Design and implement the process for developing the framework, including an international 'Think Tank' of key stakeholders.
* Identify key theoretical and methodological challenges for comparing cost effectiveness across models of Primary Health Care and develop well-thought out strategies for addressing these obstacles.
* Oversee day-to-day activities carried out by consultants, direct the production and ensure the quality of literature reviews and position papers, and complete some portions of the background reearch.
* Ensure adequate preparation of think tank participants prior to the meeting.
* Develop a process for receiving feedback from stakeholders and integrating feedback into the development of the conceptual framework.
* Act as a "Portal" of information for the project. Should be able to answer any research question or direct that question to the appropriate person.
* Keep the Steering Committee, AOHC and CACHCA well informed about the progress of the project, and about the key concepts that structure the framework.
* Be available five days a week to answer questions.
Extent of contract
* Up to 130 days at $480/day (including GST)
* September 2005 to September 2006
* PhD or Master's in Health Economics or equivalent combination of work and academic experience
* Knowledge of primary health care, health promotion, and the social determinants of health
* Strong writing skills
* Strong conceptual and process skills
* Supervisory and coordination skills
* Experience in research design
* Experience in project management
* Knowledge of CHCs and bilingualism an asset
Application deadline: 9:00 a.m., Tuesday, July 26, 2005
Please email your reply in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your response and will contact you if a meeting is required.