The OHPRS Intranet Facilitator supports, develops and coordinates the technological capacity of the Ontario Health Promotion Resource System (OHPRS, http://www.ohprs.ca), ensuring online communication using the Intranet and other tools and providing guidance and training support to system members. This position is based at the Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse (OPC).
Contract, full time (35 hours per week) through March 2006
* Support collaborative working arrangements among system members by facilitating the use of the Livelink Intranet and other tools for electronic communication and production.
* Administer, maintain, troubleshoot, and facilitate content development on the Livelink Intranet and the bilingual OHPRS website.
* Provide user-support of a custom-built service tracking application for the OHPRS: support users; participate in monitoring, tracking and evaluating use.
* Maintain the website for HP101 Online, OHPRS's bilingual web-based health promotion course: ensure all cross-linkages are working, upload any new content using existing HTML templates; support dissemination of information about the course and promote the use of the course.
* Conduct technology-related on- and off-site troubleshooting, consultation, support and training as required. Maintain an awareness of current tools and trends in technology, and make recommendations to the OHPRS where relevant.
* Assist with the synthesis and integration of system-wide data (e.g., statistical reports).
* Participate on OHPRS committees and provide expertise and advice as appropriate.
* Participate in OHPRS communications activities (e.g., material development, displays).
* Work with OPC information system team members, third-party vendors and business partners as required to support system efforts.
* Provide relevant feedback from system members and community programs to OHPRS staff, members, committees, and the funder (government of Ontario).
* Other duties as appropriate.
The OHPRS Intranet Facilitator will possess
* Strong understanding of community health promotion organizations and activities in Ontario
* Strong communication skills including: group work and facilitation, oral and written presentations
* Demonstrated experience with online facilitation in electronic conferences or listservs, use of Intranets, and with electronic communication and its capacity to support collaborative work
* Broad familiarity with current computer and Internet technologies, including networks, current office productivity applications, software, repairs, troubleshooting, and hardware upgrading
* Demonstrated ability to work independently, and as part of a team with multiple accountabilities
* Experience in handling emerging issues with diplomacy & confidentiality
* University degree in health promotion, social sciences or related field
* Three years relevant work experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
* Oral and written communication skills in French
* Knowledge of or experience with Livelink Intranet (http://www.opentext.com/livelink)
Salary Range $35,422-$44,277 per annum (prorated)
The OHPRS Facilitator is based in Toronto. With prior arrangement, some work could be done from the contractor's home office. Limited travel within the Windsor/Ottawa corridor may be required.
Interested? Please address your resume and cover letter to the "OHPRS Intranet Facilitator Hiring Committee."
By mail, to
Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse
180 Dundas Street West, Suite 1900
Toronto, ON M5G 1Z8
By fax, to 416-408-2122
By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (plain text, Word, WordPerfect, or PDF versions only please)
The deadline for applications is Monday, August 8, 2005.