Submission Deadline 4:00 p.m. Friday, August 5, 2005
The Ontario Public Health Association (OPHA) is seeking a consultant/facilitator who will facilitate a discussion of the findings of interim reports of the Public Health Capacity Review Committee and the Agency Implementation Task Force of Operation Health Protection on September 7, 2005, and develop an OPHA response to the reports to be forwarded by the Association to the MOHLTC by September 30.
OPHA Board of Directors and its constituent societies would like to formulate a joint response to the interim reports of the Capacity Review Committee and the Agency Implementation Task Force. OPHA and its constituent societies have participated in the Reference Panel for the Capacity Review Committee and have been encouraged to submit any reports or communications that can help inform the outcome of that review based upon the perspective of their profession and/or function within public health. However, OPHA and its constituent societies have not had an opportunity to prepare a joint submission to the review committee.
In addition, several OPHA members have participated in topic-specific roundtables hosted by the Agency Implementation Task Force. OPHA has not had an opportunity to discuss and make recommendations to the Agency Implementation Task Force.
To undertake this work, OPHA and its constituent societies are prepared to send two representatives each (approximate total of 24 people) to a meeting on September 7 to work together to formulate a joint response to the findings of these initiatives.
Outline of Work
* Commence work August 29
* Obtain and review the necessary documents or brief description of findings
* Formulate the agenda for the September 7 in consultation with small OPHA committee
* Circulate agenda and support materials to the attendees prior to September 7
* Organize the logistics for the day through the OPHA office
* Arrange recording of the discussion to help inform the report
* Write draft of report
* Circulate for feedback to participants by September 14, 2005,
* Incorporate feedback
* Submit final report to OPHA Interim Executive Director by September 23
* Facilitated and recorded proceedings of a meeting on September 7, 2005
* Final Report
* Extensive experience in facilitating group discussion to arrive at common outcome
* Experience working with public health professions and/or organizations
* Strong communication and facilitation skills
* Excellent ability to compile information and write reports
* Demonstrated ability to meet timelines
* A brief (no more than two pages) description of how you would proceed with the project
* A budget
* Outline of qualification
* Example of previous relevant work
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and proposal quoting "RFP - Consultant to Facilitate Discussion" to email@example.com by 4:00 p.m. August 5, 2005.