OPHA is seeking one full-time and one part-time Administrative Assistant (1.0 FTE and 0.6 FTE respectfully). Positions are available immediately and are funded through March 2006 with the possibility of extension.
File: OPHA 5-07.05: Administrative Assistant
Closing date: 4:00 p.m. EST, Wednesday, August 3, 2005
Compensation: Negotiable competitive salary, plus benefits
Location: 700 Lawrence Avenue West, Suite 310, Toronto, ON M6A 3B4
Relocation: Expenses will not be paid
The Administrative Assistant will provide comprehensive secretarial and administrative support services for the OPHA, with specific responsibility to the Ontario Chronic Disease Prevention Alliance, Heart Health Resource Centre as well as for the specific duties to OPHA.
* Providing polished secretarial and office administration skills to manager on day to day activities, including arrangements, printing, ordering supplies, establishing and maintaining records and files, developing effective office administration procedures
* Coordinating the administration of committee meetings, work groups, and workshops by preparing agenda packages, taking and distributing minutes, arranging teleconferences services and coordinating meeting schedules; making suitable travel and hotel arrangements; assisting in the preparation of meeting materials; and monitoring meeting expenses for the accounting department
* Replying to routine requests and correspondence
* Managing web material either directly or by ensuring correct information entered on website by third party and managing list-servs
* Developing and administering a service tracking system and maintaining data bases
* Responding to or appropriately redirecting external requests (e.g., Stakeholders, media and policy makers)
* Providing excellent customer service, oral communications, telephone and interpersonal skills
* Working closely in a cooperative and professional manner with office colleagues, committee members and external contacts
* Ability to write clearly using appropriate language, accurate spelling, punctuation and grammar
* French-English bilingualism an asset
* Legal entitlement to work immediately in Canada
* Post-secondary education in Office Administration or related field.
* Demonstrated proficiency using PC/networked software for word processing, spreadsheets, desktop publishing, graphics, scanning/copying, email, Internet, and web postings (i.e., Windows, MS Office, Acrobat, Photoshop, PageMaker, Illustrator, WinZip, OCR software) Database management essential.
* Candidates should possess mature and professional client management skills.
* Knowledge of public health is an asset.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume, including salary expectations and quoting file number to email@example.com with "Administrative Assistant" or by fax to (416) 367-2844.
Thank you for your interest. Owing to volume, only candidates for interviews will be contacted.
The mission of the OPHA is to provide leadership on issues affecting the public's health and to strengthen the impact of people who are active in public and community health throughout Ontario.