To improve the health and well being of Aboriginal People
in spirit, mind, emotion and body by providing Traditional Healing
within an intra-disciplinary health care model (Anishnawbe Health Toronto's Mission Statement)
Anishnawbe Health Toronto, an accredited Community Health Centre, seeks an Aboriginal Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) Program Assistant, who will function as an effective member of a multi-disciplinary mental health team.
The successful applicant will support a multi-disciplinary mental health team to implement, coordinate and monitor the FASD Diagnostic Clinic and client care in consultation with FASD clients and their families.
The FASD Program Assistant is responsible to assist and support FASD Program Coordinator to
* Promote and develop FASD Program by recommending strategic direction
* Implement services such as liaison and health promotion with individuals, families and communities affected by FASD
* Identify resources, facilitate workshops and promote stakeholder participation
* Develop effective relationships with stakeholders including clients, families, agencies and organizations
* Research and implement best practice strategies for raising awareness about and addressing risk factors associated with alcohol use during pregnancy and lactation
Candidates will have skills, knowledge and interests acquired through education, life experience and employment in health promotion, community development, capacity building and issues facing the Aboriginal community such as the effects of the post-colonial and residential school syndromes. Aboriginal language skills considered an asset.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume by 5:00 p.m., Friday, August 19, 2005, to
Project Manager, Mental Health
Anishnawbe Health Toronto
179 Gerrard Street East
Toronto, ON M5A 1S4
Fax: (416) 920-8876
"People With Disabilities Are Encouraged to Apply." (If you are invited for an interview and require accommodation, please let us know.)
Meegwetch to all applicants. However, only those selected for interview will be contacted.