Position: Community Health Promoter - OPSEU
Hours of Work: Permanent - Full-time - 35 Hours per Week
Effective: as Soon as Possible
Location: Main Office - North Bay
Under the direction of a Program Manager, the Community Health Promoter works with businesses/workplaces, community agencies and groups, volunteers, health professionals and health unit staff to plan, develop, implement and evaluate a range of health promotion programs under the requirements of the Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention Program. The successful candidate also supports related programs within the Family Health and Infectious Disease Programs.
Education, Experience, Skills & Abilities
* Baccalaureate degree (4 years) in health science, applied science OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
* Two years experience in community health promotion programming grounded in knowledge of community development process, health policy analysis and development, social marketing, mass communication, media advocacy, application of behaviour change theory and principles of adult education
* Experience in managing and coordinating health related projects
* Demonstrated ability to facilitate community partnerships with diverse groups (e.g., business/workplace, health professionals)
* Ability to critically assess applied health research and develop detailed program proposals and reports
* Demonstrated ability in program planning and evaluation
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to use computer technology including MS word, Power Point, Internet, E-mail and database applications
* Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
* Ability to work flex hours as required
* Requires as a minimum a valid "G2" Ontario Driver's License and vehicle
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to authorize the Health Unit to obtain and adjudicate a police record check at their expense.
Hourly Rate: Minimum $24.30 to Maximum $27.36
Closing Date: August 26, 2005, at 4:00 p.m.
Please forward your letter of application, resume, proof of education and a copy of your "G2" Ontario Driver's License required for this position to
Brenda Nunn-Schellenberg, Management Administrative Assistant
Attention: Job #PH/2005/050
North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit
681 Commercial Street
North Bay, ON P1B 4E7
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Telephone inquiries will not be accepted.
The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.