Together with the Halton Community, the Health Department works to achieve the best possible health for all.
* Four-year university degree in Health Promotion, Health Education or equivalent discipline is required, Master's degree preferred.
* Minimum three years of public health experience is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
* Advanced knowledge of health promotion theory, community mobilization, social marketing, health communications, and community needs assessments, advocacy, and policy development required
* Well-developed program planning and evaluation skills
* Advanced oral and written communication skills
* Ability to work independently as well as with multidisciplinary teams and community partners
* Strong work organization and time management skills; Intermediate level computer skills in Microsoft Office products
* Must have own transportation.
View the full posting, submission deadline and submission guidelines at http://www.region.halton.on.ca/about/jobs/.