Health Promoter responsible for chronic disease prevention conducts
and/or facilitates the coordination, planning, development,
implementation and evaluation of chronic disease prevention programs
and activities both at CCHC and in the community. The incumbent is also
responsible for liaising and collaborating with appropriate agencies in
the Ottawa community, participating in City-wide initiatives and
supporting appropriate policy change. All activities are executed
within a Population Health Promotion framework that embodies the
determinants of health.
- Bachelor degree in health sciences, preferably nursing and five years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of chronic disease prevention.
- Specific knowledge related to work assignment.
- Experience facilitating groups and utilizing adult learning techniques.
- Ability to work well with marginalized groups.
- Knowledge of Population Health Promotion model, and experience with a
range of health promotion strategies (e.g. community organizing,
advocacy for public policy).
- Proficient with Windows-based computer systems, in particular, basic e-mail and MS Word.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in English and French, and written skills in English.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Experience and skills in proposal writing.
- Certificate in Adult Education.
- Knowledge of Ottawa resources that support chronic disease prevention.
Start date: Mid-October
Salary range: $22.97/hr to $27.67/hr (under review)
How to "express an interest" for this opportunity:
a letter of interest (up to 2 word processed pages in English) telling
us why you would like to become a Health Promoter - Chronic Disease
Prevention and how you meet the requirements of this role (as
identified above). Submit your letter of interest along with your
résumé by September 22, 2005 to: Human Resources, Centretown Community
Health Centre, 420 Cooper Street, Ottawa, ON K2P 2N6, Fax: (613)
233-3987, Email: email@example.com. We regret only candidates
selected for an interview will be contacted. Job descriptions are
available at General Reception.