Start date: ASAP
Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse (OPC) is a health promotion and
prevention agency providing information, education, consultation and
networking services in French and English province-wide. Please see our
website for more information (http://www.opc.on.ca).
is seeking a full-time, permanent Database Coordinator to coordinate
the establishment and use of systems to collect, manage, monitor and
report information regarding knowledge ("product"), resources, clients
and stakeholders, and services.
Provide strategic consultation to OPC leadership on information and
data management in relation to knowledge ('product'), resources,
clients and stakeholders, services, and other information that may be
advantageous to retain.
* Support management to establish short and long-term data management goals and strategies.
* Contribute leadership to develop and strengthen knowledge management systems.
Co-chair knowledge-base committee; contribute to terms of reference,
membership decisions, and workplan for this workgroup. The workgroup is
intended to review types of knowledge-information used within OPC's
business systems and means for storing, retrieving and using this
information; refine existing systems and establish new ones. This will
involve making decisions about intranet (Livelink) and network
archiving, overseeing nomenclature and filing structure, new systems
for electronic resource management, improved systems for storage and
retrieval of knowledge and product related to service provision.
Data administration and coordination
a) Maximizer Enterprise
Contribute leadership and coordinate OPC's planning processes to
support effective use of Maximizer Enterprise (a customer relationship
management database) by designated staff and programs.
and ensure consistent/appropriate use of user defined fields, values,
consistent terminology, standards, etc. to ensure most effective
organizational use of Maximizer. Check for areas of possible
improvement within fields, values, terminology, standards, etc., and as
necessary develop new user-defined fields.
* Work with external vendor to address challenges and improvements.
Coordinate, and be primary data manipulator, in the on-going clean-up
of data. This includes corrections of spelling errors, incomplete
fields, duplications, incorrect use of values, etc. Develop mechanisms
for staff users to directly help clean data and to contribute to
identification of need for targeted data clean-ups.
* Train new
staff to use Maximizer as part of their orientation. Design and
implement on-going refresher and supplemental training and supports to
help staff maintain (and, as necessary, initiate) use of Maximzer.
Monitor need for and design/deliver, or negotiate same service from a
vendor, supplemental training for staff as useful. Ensure documentation
* Create and disseminate on-going practice support tools (e.g. Maximizer tips) to staff.
Monitor entries for accuracy and consistency. Through monitoring
records, identify and respond to continual improvement. Establish and
follow schedules for routine reviews.
* Establish, document and disseminate internal protocols. Revise and improve over time.
Design (or work with external vendor to design) new or adjusted
reporting-oriented protocols; application refinement and/or
supplemental applications (as necessary) to generate reports to funders
and for internal purposes. Consult with managers in this regard, and
monitor changes in funder or other reporting requirements.
apprised of Maximizer platform upgrades and unused modules/features,
and continue to appraise potential additional uses of Maximizer (e.g.
subscription tracking, conference attendance and professional
development tracking). Make recommendations to management. Based on
management's direction, initiate new use.
* Help strategize potential use of Maximizer by staff and programs not yet using Maximizer
b) Other databases
* Work with the knowledge-base committee to set standards for authority regarding creation of databases.
Consult with staff regarding creation of all new temporary and
long-term databases (as indicated by authority standards) in
applications such as Access. Approve database development by staff (as
indicated by authority standards) prior to creation of the new
* Record and monitor all databases developed and in use
at OPC. Initiate and meet annually with staff assigned to administer
long-term databases (e.g., assets) to review new data entry and any
three years relevant work experience, preferably in a non-profit
environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Strong data entry skills and extensive experience maintaining, monitoring, updating and improving databases
Strong organizational skills, with a high degree of attention to detail
and accuracy; ability to work with multiple projects and demands
* Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated
ability to address challenges and improvements with management, an
external vendor, and/or IT staff
* Experience training and supporting database users, as well as creating documentation
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and as an integral part of a team
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to work both independently and as an integral member of a team
* Oral and written proficiency in French, as well as English, is preferred
* Knowledge of/or experience managing and administering Maximizer Enterprise (http://www.maximizer.com) is an asset.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume in confidence by September 26, 2005, to
c/o Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse
180 Dundas Street West, Suite 1900
Toronto, ON M5G 1Z8
Fax: (416) 408-2122
thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an
interview will be contacted. OPC is an equal opportunity employer.