The Canadian AIDS Treatment Information Exchange (CATIE) is a national
not-for-profit agency that works to improve the quality of life and
care for people living with HIV/AIDS through the provision of treatment
information to community organizations, healthcare providers,
caregivers, and people living with and affected by this disease.
Our Treatment Education and Support Services department operates a
1-800 telephone line, responds to email inquiries, and designs and
delivers HIV/AIDS treatment workshops across Canada.
CATIE has a challenging and fulfilling position for a responsible,
empathic, intelligent and completely bilingual (English and French)
individual for the position of Treatment Information Service
* Answer phone and email inquiries about HIV/AIDS treatment
related issues and provide appropriate information in a sensitive and
* Create and present workshops to a wide range of audiences about HIV/AIDS treatment and related issues.
* Assist treatment volunteers in answering treatment calls and emails.
* Engage in reading and other professional development activities
in order to maintain a high level of current awareness about HIV/AIDS
treatment related issues.
* Facilitate appropriate data collection to ensure service user confidentiality, evaluation data, and quality assurance.
* Assist with outreach activities as assigned to increase
awareness of CATIE services and to build partnerships and
* Thorough knowledge of HIV/AIDS treatment information
* Demonstrated experience with workshop delivery, group facilitation and training.
* Demonstrated experience working with diverse communities and cultures.
* Demonstrated excellent skills in active listening and counseling.
* Experienced in not-for-profit organizations and working with volunteers.
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with other staff and organizations.
* Experienced in adult education and learning methodologies.
* Ability to travel throughout Canada, as well as the ability to work variable hours including some weekends and evenings.
* Superior writing skills, especially in the creation of consumer information.
* Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
* Knowledge of Internet, E-mail and Windows environment software.
* Verbal and written fluency in English and French.
Salary range: Commensurate with experience.
Hours of work: Full time (35 hours).
Deadline for applications: 21 November 2005
Start date: As soon as possible
Covering letters and resumés should be submitted to
TISR Recruitment Committee
555 Richmond Street West, Suite 505
Toronto, ON M5V 3B1
Fax: (416) 203-8284
We thank all those who apply. However, only those selected for further consideration will be notified.
CATIE is an equal opportunity employer. Persons living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply.