If you are a forward-thinking health professional striving for
excellence and seeking new challenges with an award-winning and
progressive organization that values a supportive and respectful
environment, teamwork, effective communication, integrity and quality
service, consider this challenging career opportunity at Peel Health
within our Family Health Division.
Contract: approximately one year
As a Health Promotion Officer in the Child and Reproductive Health
Program, you will be responsible for the development of logic models
and evaluation plans, data analysis, policy development and
campaign work. You will also provide consultation to staff and
community members regarding health promotion theories and best
practices as well as develop education and health promotion materials
to meet program objectives.
Your program foci within the Early Child Development team will include
violence against women, early child development and homelessness.
You will also assist with the Family Health work place
initiatiave. You will play a critical role in planning an
evaluation of the physician outreach strategy & developing and
maintaining data collection and evaluation processes for Ministry
reports. Additionally, you will provide recommendations based on
the analysis of data and results related to program planning for all
If you possess
- a university degree in Health Promotion or related health field
combined with 1-3 years related experience in program development,
implementation and evaluation
- knowledge of the health effects of woman abuse and of early childhood development
- a well developed knowledge of key theoretical models of health education and health promotion
- strong analytical skills to interpret and apply data
- excellent social marketing and public relations skills to effectively promote key program messages
- strong skills in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- an ability to travel to various regional locations and a
willingness to work some evenings and weekends, we would like to hear
There is more to a career at Peel; we also offer
- a salary range from $50,461 to $63,077
- a benefits package for contract employment
- a healthy workplace
- a voice in the development of corporate initiatives and much more!
To pursue this attractive contract opportunity, please apply online
http://www.peelregion.ca/jobs. Click on "current listings,"
"Health Promotion Officer - Child & Reproductive Health
(File#05-487)." You will be invited to complete a questionnaire
on your related experience and education. Peel Region, an equal
opportunity employer, appreciates all responses; however, only
candidates under consideration will be contacted.