IAP2 is dedicated to pursuing a world in which public participation is
a dominant feature of the political, economic, and cultural life of all
nations. Plans are underway for an exciting, innovative, and
participatory conference. We welcome a variety of approaches to
conference sessions but place particular emphasis on participation. We
are looking for conference session proposals that reflect the following
- Can you showcase a new methodology or technique for attendees to learn or practice?
- Can you share a case study or project that brings hands-on
experience, including ways to involve marginalized or hard to reach
communities, and/or embraces diversity or differences?
- Do you have a good organizational example or project?
- Have you been part of a creative or new experiment - that worked well or maybe not so well?
- Can you provide a look at the roles and perspectives of practitioners, decision-makers, active citizens, and elected officials?
- How does grassroots activism and protest affect the process or decision?
- How do the media impact public involvement?
- What is our role in making the world a better, more participatory place?
- What is the role of advocacy in the practice?
- How can we overcome barriers to good decision making?
- How can we use creativity, graphic facilitation, visual
participation or the arts to showcase projects or experiences, or
Please visit http://www.iap2.org for more information or to submit online.
Deadline is March 31, 2006.