"In June, 2005 over 50 youth gathered with an equal number of
professionals in the health promotion and social marketing fields to
explore the risks of underage drinking and the impact of alcohol
advertising. Following a series of activities they were able to develop
the creative basis for a provincial Youth-to-Youth campaign.
This Package contains information pertaining to the conference organization, implementation and evaluation, including
- A 20-minute DVD of the conference documenting the process and featuring interviews with the youth delegates
A CD-ROM of the power point presentations given by Keynote Speaker, Dr.
David Jernigan, and other presenters on alcohol advertising and social
- "How to" work effectively with a Youth advisory to plan and implement a conference and create youth-to-youth messages
- Best Practices Literature Review of teenage drinking campaigns
- Conference planning materials
- Team work exercises
- The Marketing to Youth survey and results
- A prototype for the development of a social marketing campaign
- The key concepts created and drawn out by the participants
- The transcript for a play written to use theatre to deliver messages
- A "zine"that was produced on the spot now available"
[from the order
form, downloadable as a PDF file at
The resource costs $15 plus applicable taxes.