The Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit requests proposals from
qualified evaluation contractors to assist with the evaluation of a
Comprehensive Workplace Health Pilot Project Evaluation. The
Chronic Disease Prevention - Healthy Lifestyle Program of the Simcoe
Muskoka District Health Unit is implementing a Comprehensive Workplace
Health Pilot Project which began in 2004. The project involves
working with nine workplaces of various sizes from a variety of sectors
to implement a workplace health program using a comprehensive
model. This model encourages workplaces to consider activities
related to personal health practices, organization culture and health
Evaluation is an important component of the pilot project and will be
used to determine the impact and future direction of the program.
For details of this request for proposal please go to
http://www.simcoemuskokahealth.org. Look for the link to "Tenders,
Proposals and Quotes."
Contract services required
- design and implementation of focus groups in the pilot sites using program staff for field data collection
- a session on practical evaluation strategies at a workshop for pilot sites
- a focus group with public health staff running the program
- synthesis of findings, final reporting, and facilitation of stakeholder review/discussion of findings, and recommendations
- a training session for healthy lifestyle staff to conduct focus groups
The timelines for this project are May 2006 to January 2007.
The deadline for proposals is 4:30 p.m. local time April 13, 2006.
Please direct any questions about the project to Mary Gibson at (705)
721-7330 x7336, email@example.com, or fax to (705) 721-1495.