The Region of Peel, comprised of Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon, is
a dynamic blend of urban, industrial and residential areas. We
are one of Ontario's fastest growing municipalities, delivering a wide
range of public health services to over 1,000,000 residents. Peel
Region is the first government in Canada to achieve the National
Quality Institute's prestigious Canada Awards for Excellence.
If you are a forward-thinking health professional striving for
excellence and seeking new challenges with an award-winning and
progressive organization that values a supportive and respectful
environment, teamwork, effective communication, integrity and quality
service, consider this contract opportunity at Peel Health within our
Family Health Division.
You will be working as an integral member of the Breastfeeding
team. On this team your program focus will include various
projects for the Breastfeeding Advocacy committee, survey development
for data collection, data analysis, evaluation, policy development, and
a media campaign. You will also participate in the implementation
of the Baby Friendly Initiative. You will be responsible for
drafting reports and press releases in consultation with other team
members and the Communications department. Exemplary communication
skills, both verbal and written, are fundamental to this
position. You will provide consultation and collaboration about
the Breastfeeding team's projects and initiatives as well as consult
with the HPOs on the other Child Health teams for any identified
program-wide health promotion opportunities. You will provide
recommendations for program planning based on evaluation results of
breast feeding programs. You will also provide consultation to
staff and community members regarding health promotion theories and
best practices, as well as develop education and health promotion
materials to meet program objectives.
The position ends on December 31, 2006.
If you possess
- a university degree in Health Promotion or related health field
combined with 1-3 years related experience in program development,
implementation and evaluation
- background knowledge of breastfeeding as a health promotion strategy would be an asset
- a well developed knowledge of key theoretical models of health education and health promotion
- strong analytical skills to interpret and apply data
- excellent social marketing and public relations skills to effectively promote key program messages
- strong skills in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- an ability to travel to various regional locations and to work some evenings and weekends, we would like to hear from you.
There is more to a career at Peel; we also offer
- annual salary range from $51,975 to $61,970
- a comprehensive benefit package
- a high tech environment
- mentoring and coaching
- a family orientated environment
- a healthy workplace
- direct links to management and
- a workplace where your feedback is important to us.
To pursue this challenging contract opportunity, please submit your
application online to http://www.peelregion.ca/jobs by April 26, 2006,
and select Health Promotion--Breastfeeding Team (Public Health).
The Region of Peel, an equal opportunity employer, appreciates all
responses; however, only candidates under consideration will be